Re: [bitfolk] CBL DNSBL has gone away

Author: Martijn Grooten
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] CBL DNSBL has gone away
On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 5:55 PM Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you are using the CBL DNSBL in your mail filtering setup (I was)
> or for any other purpose, please note that it has shut down:
>
>     https://www.abuseat.org/cutover.html

It's a bit more complicated than that. It hasn't shut down yet but
1. it has become a legacy service, so they advice you to use the
Spamhaus XBL instead
2. the Spamhaus access controls, including query limits, now apply to
the CBL at its old location too

See https://www.spamhaus.org/news/article/803/ for more details

I guess the second point could be why it appears down, but for me
2.0.0.127.cbl.abuseat.org still returns the expected value of
127.0.0.2.

Martijn