Re: [bitfolk] Docker swarm / VPS networking issues

Author: Chris Smith
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Docker swarm / VPS networking issues
Hi Andy,

> On 18 Nov 2020, at 05:35, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
>
> I am not seeing a problem sending data on udp/4789 between VMs on
> different hosts:

[…]

>    connect to [85.119.80.223] from authns0.bitfolk.com [85.119.80.198] 54925
>    hello world

Thanks, I think I’ve narrowed this down now. For some reason Docker is having trouble sending port 4789 (and only that port) traffic using IPv6. When I force Docker to use IPv4 then it works as expected. I repeated your test using nc with IPv6 and there is no host-to-host issue here. Very strange, but it seems that it’s nothing at all to do with the VPS.

Regards,
Chris