Re: [bitfolk] Some notes on BitFolk's plans to switch to PVH…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Some notes on BitFolk's plans to switch to PVH mode

gpg: Signature made Fri Nov 13 00:05:48 2020 UTC
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 07:59:31PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> I still have to update the documentation, but I went ahead and added
> a "virtmode" command to the Xen Shell so you can switch your
> existing VMs between PV and PVH mode and try it out.

I see that 4 of you already tried it out. There haven't been any
screams yet. A new order also came in so that got set up as PVH from
the start too.

I have noticed that the kernel command line seems to need
"console=hvc0" adding to it if you want to see any of the boot up
output on the Xen Shell console, which is a change from when it was
running in PV mode. At least that is what I saw on Debian 10
(buster).

On Debian/Ubuntu that goes in the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX bit of
/etc/default/grub, so:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="console=hvc0"

and then issue the "update-grub" command.