Re: [bitfolk] Missing .well-known

Author: Hugh Frostick
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Missing .well-known

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 05:43:02PM +0100, Hugh Frostick wrote:
> > The .well-known directory is not exclusive to certbot so I am sure
> > that should not be fiddling with it.
>
> It shouldn't do any harm, though, to make sure it's writeable by the
> certbot process.
>
> > Something has changed in certbot/centos/virtualmin I suppose but
> > Google ain't helping me.
>
> I take it you've tried the Virtualmin support (users) forum?

No - I was asking here first, in case anyone else has seen the same. Have now posted on Virtualmin forum.
But I have just manually renewed another domain - no problems, and no directory created? So it looks like the method has changed.
The Virtualmin screen wording says "This is done by placing a small temporary file under the website's document directory /home/<domain>/public_html." But not sure if that is the same as it used to be.
It seems there was maybe some other issue with the renewal I had problems with yesterday, but I did see a temp file appearing in acme-challenge. Maybe it now clears up afterwards.
No energy to look further at the moment!
Cheers
Hugh