Re: [bitfolk] Help needed with virus infection

Author: Ian
To: Bitfolk Users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Help needed with virus infection
Andy said:

>> The low-life had appended a <script> tag to this field on every
>> row.
>
> Glad you got it sorted. Did you ever work out how they got access to your database?

If it's only the database that's been fiddled with, I'd be wondering
about the security around phpmyadmin.

I'd also check they haven't played with the users.

If you don't need a dynamic site (e.g. for comments) it's well worth
using one of the 'make a static site out of this' plugins, then pointing
the webserver at the results, and only having the WP site live when
you're editing it.

Ian (not that one)