Re: [bitfolk] I've broken my Debian Jessie package update / …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] I've broken my Debian Jessie package update / upgrade system

gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 29 21:41:24 2019 UTC
Hi Richard,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 05:28:05PM +0200, Richard Glynos wrote:
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> Get:1
> http://apt-cacher.lon.bitfolk.com/debian/security.debian.org/debian-security/
> jessie/updates/main libudev1 i386 215-17+deb8u13 [61.4 kB]

[…]

> I can't say I'm totally clear on what has corrected the system

Well, you had the jessie/updates source commented out before, and
now you don't, and the above packages came from jessie/updates.

Commenting this source out led you to a situation where you had
packages installed that depended on packages that could only be
found at the commented out place. That's why things started refusing
to proceed.

Uncommenting that again, and doing an "apt update", put you back in
a position where "apt -f install" was able to sort it out again.

Glad it got sorted!