[bitfolk] Security reboot needed, likely to be weekend of 17…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: announce
Subject: [bitfolk] Security reboot needed, likely to be weekend of 17/18/19 November

gpg: Signature made Wed Nov 7 17:35:45 2018 UTC
Hello,

Unfortunately some security flaws have been discovered in the
hypervisor software we use (Xen) so we will need to patch and reboot
everything before the public release of the details on 20 November.

I expect we will do this work in the early hours of the morning (UK
time) between Saturday 17 and Monday 19 November, but customers will
soon receive an individual email confirming the hour-long
maintenance window specific to their server(s). The actual work for
each server is expected to take 10–30 minutes within that window.

As before we should be able to do a suspend/restore of your guest if
you have enabled that at:

    <https://panel.bitfolk.com/account/config/>

> The optimum programming team size is 1.

Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?         — pfilandr