Re: [bitfolk] How much should BitFolk allow you to owe us be…

Author: Chris Smith
To: Andy Smith
CC: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] How much should BitFolk allow you to owe us before we suspend your service?

> On 19 Jun 2018, at 20:38, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:50:37PM +0100, Ian wrote:
>> I see this as ultimately a credit control question and, as such, up to
>> you rather than anyone else.
>
> You are correct, and that is the basis on which I want to make a
> change, but I wanted to consult the customer base first to get a
> better understanding of what people's views are.

Actually, I partially disagree with Ian’s assertion; there is also a strong element of security here. While I use my VPSs for business, the network usage is relatively low. If any of my VPSs ever approach my contracted limits, then something has gone very seriously wrong, and it is probably an indication that my server has been compromised. In that event, I would want it cut off from everything except the Xen console. I would prefer to be able set my own soft- and hard thresholds via the panel, which in my case would be far below the contracted values.

Also, in response to your frustration regarding personal vs. business customers, it is not always black and white. I am a self-employed, sole-trader; so to your question, am I a business or a personal customer, the answer is both.

Chris

Chris Smith <space.dandy@???>