Re: [bitfolk] How much should BitFolk allow you to owe us be…

Top Page

Author: Ian
To: users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] How much should BitFolk allow you to owe us before we suspend your service?
Andy said:

> One thing that I initially found quite shocking — but after ~11
> years I have come to terms with — is that mostly customers ignore me
> unless they are forced to respond. So they won't provide details of
> their business, and they won't respond to questions about whether
> the contract is with them personally or with an incorporated entity.

Organising an event a couple of years ago, I was amused that a venue would
extend five figure credit to us if we were a company, but not if we
weren't. For some reason, chasing money owed from a legally separate entity
where they couldn't go after us personally was seen as better than going
after three or four individuals each jointly and separately liable for the
lot.

If you don't know who we / they are, why are you extending us this amount
of credit with no background of always paying it?

> A lot of people are surprised that a base spec VPS can actually push
> about 80Mbp/sec. Which is about 25 terabytes per 30 days. In each

direction.

I worked out that they must have done at least 15 one way or another.

Ian