Re: [bitfolk] Security reboot needed, likely to be weekend o…

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
Date:  
To: announce
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Security reboot needed, likely to be weekend of 21/22/23 Apr

Reply to this message
gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 23 03:21:07 2018 UTC using DSA key ID BF15490B
gpg: Good signature from "Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net>"
gpg: aka "Andrew James Smith <andy@strugglers.net>"
gpg: aka "Andy Smith (UKUUG) <andy.smith@ukuug.org>"
gpg: aka "Andy Smith (BitFolk Ltd.) <andy@bitfolk.com>"
gpg: aka "Andy Smith (Linux User Groups UK) <andy@lug.org.uk>"
gpg: aka "Andy Smith (Cernio Technology Cooperative) <andy.smith@cernio.com>"
Hi,

This maintenance work has now been completed.

The security issues fixed are listed at:

    <http://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/>


but details will not be available until after the embargo ends at
12:00Z on Wednesday 25 April.

Updated CPU firmware was also applied. For one host there is a later
CPU firmware version available, but Intel have not yet released it
as stable so I will not deploy it yet.

Aside from the firmware update that Intel have for some reason held
back, it's possible that there will be further CPU firmware releases
but unless they are recommended as critical I will not deploy them
on their own; I will wait until there is reason to apply some other
form of update that requires a reboot.

Thanks for your patience with the disruption these updates have
caused!

Cheers,
Andy

--
https://bitfolk.com/ -- No-nonsense VPS hosting
_______________________________________________
announce mailing list
announce@???
https://lists.bitfolk.com/mailman/listinfo/announce