Re: [bitfolk] Problems upgrading to Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.…

Author: Conrad Wood
To: john lewis, users
Subject: Re: [bitfolk] Problems upgrading to Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

> I disliked it immensely when Debian changed to Gnome2 and very
> quickly
> looked for alternatives, finally settled on the MATE desktop. I

I was all grumpy when debian started Gnome2 stuff. I was using icewm at
the time and was quite happy with it.
I settled for xfce4, which seems pretty focused on just-work rather
than be-fancy.
It sort of puts me in the last-gen section at work, but so what, I
don't need to troubleshoot my debian machine ever, it just works.
The ubuntu kids seem to spend more time working around apparmor,
upstart and whatever nonsense ubuntu comes up with...

Conrad